Laser Tattoo Removal
- Dec. 15, 2022
- Skin Care
You were once a proud owner of that cool unicorn tattoo you got during your youthful years but times have since changed. You feel it’s time to part ways with your tattoo but you are at cross roads deciding on the best person whom you can engage for the removal services. Should you visit a dermatologist specializing on tattoo removal services? A tattoo specialist or a plastic surgeon? What removal options should you consider? Should you try “the laser removal” tattoo services that keeps popping up on your search engine results? What does laser tattoo removal services even entail? Apparently a lot of these questions may be popping around your head as you try to consider your options. Well, worry no more, we have taken the liberty to share with you some handy tips as well as a recommendation of a reputable tattoo removal specialist with a wealth of experience on laser tattoo services. Let’s get started!
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal works by firing laser light into the tattoo which breaks the ink into tiny pieces, these little pieces are easy for the body to absorb. This allows the ink to be removed from the body itself. Laser tattoo removal avoids damaging the skin while removing the tattoo, unlike other tattoo removal methods.
How much does it cost?
Well, the price for tattoo removal varies depending on various factors such as:
- Size of the tattoo. Surface area here matters a lot . The larger the tattoo, the more the price
- Location of the tattoo. Tattoos located on areas closer to the heart, where blood circulation is faster require less treatments thus attracting a lower cost
- If the tattoo is colored or not. Colored tattoos require more treatments, since color takes longer to disintegrate than normal black tattoos.
- Age of the tattoo. Older tattoos are usually easier to treat. New tattoos contain more pigment (ink) and often multiple colors. Amateur tattoos are easier to remove as usually they are not as deep as professional tattoos and the ink is more sparsely applied.
What do I need to know before going for a laser tattoo removal services?
Well, apparently laser tattoo removal is not just a pop in pop out affair. At the beginning of the treatment, your laser tattoo removal specialist will hold a full consultation and conduct a patch test before any treatment takes place. He will also require your medical history. This may include medical notes from your general practitioner, and will also ask you about your skin type. You will be required to complete a consent from giving us permission to start to remove or fade your tattoo and that you are aware of the risk involved. At the beginning of each appointment it is important that you tell us about your healing and if you have any concerns.
What post care activities do I have to keep in mind?
Similar to surgical procedures, laser tattoo removal relies on appropriate aftercare to ensure healthy and proper healing with the right intended outcomes. Here are a few post care activities your should adhere to:
- Keep the area tidy, moist, and covered with a sterile dressing following your procedure.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight and water during the healing period.
- Formation of blisters is quite normal and they will eventually subside on their own, do not burst or irritate them by scratching the area.
Now that you have some insights concerning tattoo removal, you may be keen to start searching for a specialist to consult. We recommend Rebel Inks Tattoo Kenya. They have a wealth of experience in offering laser tattoo removal services spanning over 7 years. They are located in Nairobi CBD along Utalii lane. Apart from offering tattoo removal services, they also offer:
- Permanent Tattoos Engraving.
- Temporary Tattoos Engraving.
- Body Piercings.
- Tattoo Academy.
Book your appointment with Rebel Inks Tattoo Kenya by clicking at this link
Photo by Allef Vinicius on Unsplash